The Texas Association of Workforce Boards (TAWB) is comprised of the 28 regional workforce boards in Texas. TAWB is dedicated to meeting the workforce development needs of Texas employers.
TAWB believes that the workforce development system should be:
- Governed by effective business-led workforce investment/development boards that make data-driven decisions based on the local regional economy.
- Focused on the market needs of its business & job seeker customers.
- Administered and managed in close proximity to its customers with local operations.
- Marked by private sector continuous improvement processes that achieve innovation and growth.
- Funded sufficiently to address the most pressing labor market issues with broad-based solutions.
- Measured via outcomes that are relevant to customers and investors/taxpayers.